Pages

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Summer Learning Journey W4 D4

Activity 1: Watch the trailer for Moana and then write a summary of the movie on your blog. If you’ve seen the movie, you can include your favourite part! Tell us as much as you can about the movie. What is it about? Who are the main characters in the movie? What do they do in the movie? Where do they go?

Moana is the story of a young girl called Moana. She really wants to go outside of the reef but her father will not let her. She disobeys her father and goes to the reef. She goes out with her pig and then the drama happens. A big wave knocks her poor pig off the boat and Moana tries to save him but she gets trapped herself. From that incident she is determined to find Maui, Maui isn't that keen a doesn't agree until finally he agrees and their journey begins. You should go and watch the movie.

Activity 2: Watch this short clip from Country Calendar. What do you think would be the most interesting and/or challenging things about being a farmer? Would you would like to be a farmer when you are older. Why/why not? Give us, at least, two reasons to support your answer.

The most challenging things for a farmer would be when there is a drought. The cows or sheep would have no food and the farmers would be struggling.

I don't like Country Calendar because it is boring and they just talk. Also it isn't really exciting.

Bonus Activty: Think of your favourite song. Share the name of the song, the name of the person who wrote the song and the lyrics from the song on your blog. You must type the lyrics not cut and paste them in order to earn full points for the activity.

Name: Something Big
Writter: Shawn Mendes

Lyrics:

1234

Whoa, oh oh oh oh whoa, oh oh oh oh oh.
Whoa, oh oh oh oh whoa, oh oh oh oh oh.

Play the lottery you might win it.
It's like 25 for your life so you bust out of prison

Something's in the air, something's in the air.

Whoa oh oh oh.

Something big I feel it happening,
Out of my control,
Push and pull and then it's grabbing,
Feel it in my bones like.

Whoa oh oh oh oh whoa, oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh
Something big I feel it happening
Oh whoa oh oh oh whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh
Something big.


1 comment:

  1. Bula Vinaka Bella,
    my name is Cia. I am a Ako Hiko Summer Learning Journey blogger who will be working with various bloggers over the summer break.

    Activity 1: Moana
    From reading your posts, I can tell you’ve seen the movie as you’ve shared a bit of what it’s about. Perhaps next time you could add a bit more detail to your post, maybe you could talk about why Moana goes to find Māui (without giving too much away!).

    I myself have seen the movie, I thought it was wonderfully funny and the music really touched my heart. It made so happy as a Samoan to see some of our stories told to the world through Moana. My favourite song from the movie is ‘I am Moana’, what’s yours?

    Activity 2: Country Calendar
    You’ve shared your thoughts about why you think being a farmer would be challenging and I think you’re absolutely right. Can you explain why animals would starve if there was a drought?

    Remember, the activity asks you to express whether you’d want to be a farmer or not and give two reasons why. I would love to give your full points for this activity, so please edit your post to include your answer and two reasons.

    I wouldn’t want to be a farmer because I am not interested in it. I am passionate about teaching so I’ve become a teacher to fulfil my dream. What is your dream?


    Bonus Activity: Singing a Different Tune
    Well done on including the name of the artist and song. I don’t think I’ve heard this one though so I think I’ll give it a listen. Maybe next time you could include a video or audio clip of the song so other bloggers, visitors and commentators can listen to it!

    Also, are you sure you’ve posted all the lyrics of the song? I think a few verses are missing, so in order to gain full points for this activity please edit your post and complete the lyrics.

    It was lovely reading your post, please remember to make use of pictures, slideshows or videos to make your posts stand out even more!

    And just a reminder for next time, could you please ensure you post each activity on a separate blog post? It makes it much easier to read your great work as well as keep track of your points! Also comments can a bit too long (like this one) and I’d really like to write greatly detailed comments for each of your posts.

    I’m looking forward to reading more of your work, so keep it up!

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i ('See you again' in Samoan),

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete