Pages

Monday, January 1, 2018

Summer Learning Journey W3 D1

Activity 1: On your blog tell us if you think that the ‘meat and three veg’ rule is a good one. Do you like the rule? Would you enjoy eating a typical 1950s dinner? Why or why not?

I don't like that idea beacuse some people my be vegans or vegetarians. I also would not like eating in the 1950s I don't actually know why though.

Activity 2: Read through the lists. Are these popular names in your school? On your blog, tell us which names are currently popular in your school. Please provide, at least, three girls’ names and three boys’ names that are popular.

Girls Boys
Lily Isaiah
Bella Liam
Ataahua Sam

Bonus Actvity: For this activity, imagine that you are living in New Zealand in the 1950s. Use Google Draw* to design the front of a postcard that you could send to a friend. Try to include elements of Kiwiana in your design (e.g. Pohutukawa trees, Hokey Pokey ice cream, etc). Post a copy of your postcard picture to your blog. Be sure to describe what you have drawn on your blog beneath the picture.





REVIEW: 5 STARS

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Bella!

    I hope that you and your family had a lovely evening last night celebrating the end of 2017 and welcoming in 2018. Our family went down to Raglan and had a great time ushering in the new year. We went out for a special meal and even watched a little parade that went through the middle of the town. Have you ever been to Raglan by any chance?

    For dinner last night we had hamburgers. I can't help but think that people in the 1950s would have been more likely to have meat and vegetables for their special meal. Like you, I would prefer to eat a greater variety of foods. One of my all-time favourite foods in fajitas. Have you ever tried a fajita? They are a food from Mexico that is a lot like a wrap, except that you put spicy chicken, salsa, guacamole, beans and cheese into the flour tortilla. When I used to live in Canada we ate fajitas all the time. I must admit that I do miss them a little bit now that I live in New Zealand.

    Speaking of New Zealand, do you and your family have any special traditions when it comes to special meals? Do you have a favourite dish?

    I hope that you and your family had the chance to enjoy some special food last night.

    Keep up the great work with your blogging :)

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    P.S. I see that your name is one of the most popular names at your school. Do you like having such a popular name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bella!

    It's great to be reading another one of your activities! Well done!

    I've been looking at the postcard you have designed for New Zealand and it looks great! It was a good idea to incorporate a picture with some scenery and a sheep on it. New Zealand is well known for it's scenery and sheep!

    And you've put ice creams on there as well! Yum! Ice cream is one of the best things to eat in summer, I think. My favourite flavour is mint chocolate chip. The mint is so fresh and delicious! I wonder why you chose to put pictures of ice cream on your post card?

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete