Pages

Monday, December 18, 2017

Summer Learning Journey. Day 1

Avtivity 1: Write 3 facts about Maui and the great fish.


  1. Did you know that when Maui got angry with his brothers he clenched his fist together so hard he actually punched himself in the nose. 
  2. Maui got bullied by his big brothers
  3. Maui is the best fisherman ever. 
Activity 2: Write a short letter to a friend telling them about your voyage.


Hello Hua, Kua tae noa ki a matou te hawhe o te ara ki te tae ki Niu Tireni. He tino nui te ngaru, a, he nui rawa te ngaru o te waka. He po tenei i tenei wa kaore au e moe. Kei te mataku ahau ki te haere ki Aotearoa. He aha mehemea he tino taonga nui ta ratou?

Ka miharo ahau ki te ahua o Aotearoa. E pouri ana ahau no te mea kei reira etahi atu. Ka ngana ki te whakaeke ia tatou. E hiahia ana ahau kia noho koe ki konei kia noho tahi ai ahau.

Tumanako ka hohoro koe. Tena koa whakahokia mai ki ahau !!He pono koe,Bella.
Bonus Activity: On your blog tell us whether you would like to be in a Waka Ama race one day. Why or why not?

I would love to be in a waka ama race. They are so much fun I have been in one before and I loved it. I would love to do it more often!! :)




Review: 

This was a real hard task but at the end I realised what I needed to write down. I also need to realise which was a fact and which wasn't a fact. Also with the letter I did it in Maori because they probaly didn't know what english was. I also loved the bonas activity. But overall I found it fun and I give it ☆☆☆☆☆ stars. 

I am so excited for tomorrow!!                                                         

6 comments:

  1. Hi Bella good job at activity one go on my blog to see what I have done.Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Bella,

    He pai ki te pānui i to reta. It sounds like you were very scared. I would be too! Leaving where you live to move to a new country would make me very nervous.

    When did you do a Waka Ama race? I've never been in one but I'm sure it was a great experience.

    It was also so helpful that you included a review of the activities, that's great to have feedback of which activities you liked the most.

    I look forward to reading more of your blogposts soon!

    Nga mihi
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Georgia,
      I did the waka ama race because every Tuesday we did waka ama and we chucked in a few races.
      Thank you for commenting.
      Bella

      Delete
    2. Hi Bella,

      Is this at school that you did these races? That is awesome!

      Do you play any other sports? When I was at school I played netball and hockey, but swimming was my favourite. Especially in Summer.

      Nga mihi
      Georgia

      Delete
  3. Hi Bella,
    You had an fantastic blog post! It's so detailed and I loved that you did a review as well. It was fun doing waka ama right? Awesome blog post bye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bella,
    Great start on your first one. Awesome blog post Bye!
    Yuktha

    ReplyDelete