Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Summer Learning Journey DAY 2

Activity 1:On your blog, tell us whether you would like to go and visit Tāne Mahuta one day. Be sure to tell us why you do (or do not) want to visit this endemic tree.

One day I would love to go see Tane Mahuta because he has played an important role in the myths and legends that are part of our history. Tane mahuta helped to bring light to our world by separating his parents Ranginui (sky father) and Papatuanuku (earth mother). Tane mahuta is also the biggest tree in New Zealand, standing at a mighty 51.5 metres high. Unfortunately, this majestic beauty might not be around for much longer due to Kauri die back which is another reason why I want to visit the god of the forest.


Activity 2: On your blog list three sports teams that have the word ‘fern’ in their title. Beside each team’s name, post a picture of their uniform. Then, at the bottom of your blog post tell us which of the three uniforms you like best and why.



1. Silver Ferns
Image result for Silver Ferns uniform
2. Football Ferns
Image result for Football ferns uniform
3. Black Ferns
Image result for black ferns uniform


My favourite uniform out off all of them is Black Ferns because the Football Ferns uniform looks really hot and the Silver Ferns outfit looks really small and not very helpful during a game. 


Activity 3: On your blog, tell us how to solve this maths problem. You can write your answer in words, use a Sketchpad image, or post a video explaining how you would figure it out. Be sure to give us your final answer in millilitres (ml).

To solve this question I need to times 365 by 3. I do this because there are 365 days in a year and everyday I need to feed the cactus 3 drops of water. The way I am going to do it is times 300 by 3 which is 900. Then do 3 times 60 which is 180 and then 3 times 5 which is 15. Now add it all together. 900+180+15 is 1095. So the answer is 1095 ml.

I loved today because we had a mixture of writing and maths which was really cool. HAVE A NICE DAY

7 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Bella,
    I like your blog post. I like how you explained why The black ferns uniform was your favourite.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora AJ,
      Thanks a lot for visiting my blog again. I love all the feedback from you. It helps a lot for what I should do next time.
      Have a nice day!
      Bella

      Delete
  2. Mōrena Bella,

    Well done on day 2's activities! I'm so happy to see you've chosen to participate again this year and I really hope you enjoy this year's programme.

    I loved reading your response to the Tane Mahuta post, I completely agree that he was such an important component of the maori myths and legends. I have actually been to visit the tree with my whanau and it is quite extraordinary how tall it really is!

    Also, great work with the maths activity, I found it really helpful that you described step by step how you ended up with the final number. What is your favourite subject at school and why?

    Keep up the great work Bella.
    Talk soon, Georgia :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Georgia!!!

      Thanks a lot for your feedback. My favourite subject in school is writing. I love writing because I get to express my imagination when we get to write freely. What was your favourite subject in school?
      Thanks again,
      Bella.

      Delete
  3. Hi Bella!
    Amazing job on day 2's activities. I think that you are a hundred percent right about the Maori myths. I do have a fascination for mythology. Greek and Roman mythology to be a bit more precise. it would be extraordinary to see Tane Mahuta.

    Keep up the great work Bella!
    Taleisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Taleisha,

      Thanks so much for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I agree that Greek and Roman mythology is really interesting. I love learning about their gods. Whats your favourite thing out of Greek and Roman mythology?
      Thanks again!
      Bella

      Delete
    2. I would have to say my favourite god is Poseidon (Neptune in Roman) and my favourite goddess is Artemis (Diana in Roman).

      Delete