Pages

Monday, December 24, 2018

Summer Learning Journey WEEK 2 DAY 1

Activity 1: On your blog, post a picture of yourself doing one of your favourite summer activities. Below the picture tell us what the activity is and tell us why it is one of your favourites.

My favourite activity to do in the summer is to go swimming at our Water Hole in Watea. It's an awesome place to cool off and really relaxing for the adults. We also have a rock that we jump off that actually looks like a crocodile.


( Hi I am in Auckland right now but will be back after boxing day and will also add the photo)








Activity 2: On your blog, list the three people you would like to have on your Lake Taupo Cycle Race Support Crew. Tell us why you have chosen each person.

1. Jack- I chose Jack because his dad lives in Taupo and should have some information about the track to make sure I don't get lost.

2. Tia- I chose Tia because she would be the one who gave me a confidence boost. She is also filled with energy and extremely funny.

3. Dad- I chose my dad because he would be my coach. He would be the one who made sure I was fit and ready. Everyday we would have a look at the coarse to see what I need to work on.

Activity 3: On your blog, write out each fact and in CAPITAL LETTERS beside the fact, write the word ‘TRUE’ if it is a true fact or ‘FALSE’ if it is not true.

Fish Fact #1: The oldest known fish in the world is a 65 year old Australian lungfish.
Actually the oldest known fish was called Granddad but then sadly passed away. Therefore the 65 year old Australian fish is the oldest fish in the world...
TRUE!!
Fish Fact #2: Sharks are the only fish that have eyelids.
Sharks have these things called a Nictitating  Membrane which works something just like a eyelid. SO I guess true
Fish Fact #3: Starfish are a type of fish.
Starfish or Sea Stars are not fish. They do not have fins, gills and scales.
FALSE!!
Fish Fact #4: Fish communicate with each other by making low-pitched sounds (moans, hisses, etc)
Some fish use croaking to communicate but mostly just use body language. Some species of fish will flare out their gill plates just like a cat would rise on its back. Soooo FALSE
Fish Fact #5: Fish usually swim together in groups called ‘classes.’
No fish travel in groups called 'schools' VERY close though. 
FALSE

OK I loved today, I don't know why it was just really fun. I am very sorry I just have a few family issues going on so I am in Auckland at the moment and trying to do SLJ at the same time. Hope you have a very nice Christmas!!

Have a nice birthday to Louis Tomlinson from One Direction, Howard Hughes, John (King Of England), Stephanie Ruhle & Stephanie Myer etc. 




5 comments:

  1. Hello Bella,
    Great job with completing the first week. And I wish you luck for week 2. I really liked who you chose and why.
    Keep up the good work,
    Alexandria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora AJ,
      Thanks for the feedback...again. I am so excited to see your activities. Maybe one day we can work on one together?
      Have a merry Christmas!!
      Bella

      Delete
    2. Kia Ora Bella,
      Thank you for your reply. I would love to work on one together, just email me and I would get back to you

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Bella,

    We completely understand that Christmas is a busy time and whanau comes first so don't feel like you have to do the activities everyday! You have six weeks to complete only 4 weeks worth of activities so feel free to take some time off while you're in Auckland.

    I enjoyed reading your support crew for the Lake Taupo Cycle Race. I think you have chosen a great support crew full of some awesome people, well done. I also love reading your feedback on each day's activities. It is so helpful for us to get feedback on which activities you love and why so please continue to include this!

    You have also done an excellent job with the true and false activity. I really appreciate that you included extra information to explain your claim on the statement being true or false. The extra little things are awesome to see and will help to ensure you get full points for your activities.

    Have a Merry Christmas Bella.
    Nga mihi, Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Georgia,
      Thanks for understanding my family things going on at the moment. We have just had a sad death but will be ready to carry on, on week 3.
      Have a merry Christmas!!!
      Bella

      Delete