Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Summer Learning Journey W2 D5 SOZ IT IS REALLY LATE

Activity 1: Off the menu


On your blog, tell us what you think about this rule and why you think it!.
I think people who over fish should get that fine. Over fishing is really bad for our environment and apparently in New Zealand we are trying to make sure our environment is clean and filled with wildlife. We have to start somewhere and yes I think we should start with over fishing... baby steps.

Activity 2: The black drain
On your blog tell us
1) The name of the river
2) Their locations
3) What is being done to clean up the rivers

Porirua stream- Wellington- Planting trees, stopping littering etc.
Avon River- Christchurch- Planting trees.



Activity 3:
On your blog list three ways you could fundraiser for funds to the Great Barrier Reef. What would you do to fundraiser in New Zealand.

1. I would take underwater tours with snorkels so they can actually see the Reef. $85 dollars.

2. Host a marathon. $10 entree

3. Obstacle Course. $20



2 comments:

  1. Mōrena Bella,

    How are your holidays going? You have done a wonderful job at W2, D5 activities, well done!

    I enjoyed reading your thoughts on fining overfishing. You have made some very valid points and you're right, we do need to start somewhere. Can you think of any baby steps you're taking to help reduce your impact on the natural environment?

    You have some AMAZING ideas for fundraising. You have really thought outside of the box and I know the obstacle course would be an awesome holiday activity to help raise money for the Great Barrier Reef. I'm not sure I'd be able to run a half marathon. One of my colleagues at the Summer Learning Journey, Hazel, ran a half marathon in December and then came to work straight after! She's incredible. Do you like running?

    Looking forward to seeing more blog posts from you soon Bella!
    Nga mihi, Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bella,
    I like your ways to fuinraise for the Great Barrier Reef. I like how you said about the underwater tours that would be something I would like to do.
    Keep up the good work,
    Alexandria.

    ReplyDelete