Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Summer Learning Journey W3 D5

Ok today I am going to be making it a bit more fun by adding hunger games stuff. 

Activity 1: 
On your blog, share three new things that you learned about air pollution from this video.

1. Greenhouse gases increases... smog, rise in mold & more pollen.

2. Smog usually comes around when there has been a volcanic eruption or plant life effects.

3. Algae is a main cause of pollution. (Thats crazy)


Activity 2: On your blog, tell us about five things that you like to do when it is too rainy to go outside..

1. Go outside and play around (On the trampoline)
2. Watch movies( I do that all the time)
3. Play with Tia, AJ, Jamie & Liam ( I already do this)
4. Reading ( The Hunger Games)
5. Go on my Chromebook ( I do that a lot)



Activity 3: On your blog write a short story about what happened when you walked outside to the aftermath of a acid rain. 

It took a bit of force but I finally got my door open. My neighbourhood was no longer what it use to be. Everything looked dull and no longer in colour. The acidic rain has ruined everything. The grass is no longer its vibrant green. The roses have lost their neon red. I hate to say it but I think almost everything had died. I walk about half 400m to my friends farm. She comes out side with the saddest smile I have ever seen. I ask if I can come inside. She agrees and takes me to the back of the house where I find 9 cows dead lying there. Peaceful but dead. She says "The acid rain killed all of the animals and ruined everything" I try to apologise and stop everything that has happened.... but I can't.

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Bella,

    My name is WIlly and I'm one of the commenters for the Summer Learning Journey these holidays.

    Nice touch on completing the days' activities and putting them all into one post :)

    For the first activity - that's some good information you've gathered about air pollution. Sometimes I worry about air pollution and its affects on the world and future. Did you know that human activities such as burning fossil fuels, not just natural activities, also produce air pollution? I'm hoping we can combat it!

    Keep it up!
    -Willy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Bella,

    It’s awesome to see that you have completed some of the Summer Learning Journey activities so far this summer! You have plenty of time to complete more activities before the Summer Learning Journey ends on Friday 25th January. Remember you can complete as many as activities as you like and in any order!

    You can check the activities out here:

    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/weekly-activities

    If you needed any help or if you have any questions you can comment below or email Georgia at kaikohekohecluster@gmaiI.com

    I hope to see you back blogging soon!

    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bells, great post! I was really sad when I read this! I thought I was yer friend too. Keep up the good work - Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Bella,
    Great Job with this blog post. I really like what you would do on a rainy days very fun ideas.
    Keep up the good work,
    Alexandria.

    ReplyDelete