Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Summer Learning Journey W3 D4

Activity 1: On your blog, use the word ‘LIGHTS’ to write an acrostic poem about the Southern Lights. Be as creative as you can!

L- Lovely scenery

I- Incredible views

G- Glorious

H- Heartwarming heavens

T- Tantalising photos

S- So go see the beautiful lights

Activity 2: On your blog, write a short summary of the book. What was it about? Try to summarise the story in 6-8 sentences.

In the beautiful sights just before dawn you see the Matariki. The seven sisters Tupu-a-nuku, Tupu-a-rangi-Waipunarangi, Waiti, Waita, Ururangi and Matariki. The seven sisters otherwise known the Seven Stars. All 7 beautiful sisters were flying there kites when the wind went out of control. One by one the sisters flew up to the stars. Maori legend say that when you look up at the stars you can still see their beautiful faces.
-Sorry I really wanted to do one I was taught.


Activity 3: CRAZY COOL CLOUDS
On your blog, tell us what you see in the photo. What shape(s) do you see? Be sure to tell us which picture (1, 2 or 3) you have chosen and describe what you see in lots of detail!

I have chosen picture 1. If any of you have heard of the story Winnie the pooh or Christopher Robin. It looks like eeyore sitting down pointing at something. It is a really beautiful cloud. Also eeyore is my favourite character which was cool. In the photo his ears are huge and he looks quite lazy.

OMG I LOVE TODAY SORRY IT IS SO LATE... just got back from Auckland


5 comments:

  1. Hi Bella,

    How are your holidays going? I hope you have been enjoying this beautiful sunshine! Don't worry about the lateness of your posts. You still have until the 25th January to post activites - plenty of time!

    I really enjoyed reading your poem Bella. You did a wonderful job at using words to create a sense of what the southern lights would look like, ka pai! Do you think you'd like to see the southern lights for yourself one day?

    Your summary of the story was great. Do you believe in this Maori myth? Have you tried spotting their faces in the stars?

    Wow, what a unique way of seeing the first cloud. I love your imagination and ability to think outside of the box. Well done Bella :-) Eeyore was one of my favourite characters when I was younger. My Dad even had a donkey soft today that we names Eeyore.

    Keep up the awesome work Bella!
    Cheers, Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Georgia,

      My holidays have been very busy we have had so much family coming a going that is why I haven't done the summer Learning journey. I would love to go see the southern lights but it really depends on where I am staying. Thanks for the feedback!!
      Bells

      Delete
  2. Hey Bells.
    I thought that this post was really good. What are the southern lights? I have not gotten up to that day yet!
    Keep up the great work - Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jackie Boy,
      Thanks for commenting on my blog. Are you doing the Summer Learning Journey? If you are sorry for not checking out your blog. The Southern lights are commonly known as an Aurora is a light display in the earths sky. It is mostly found in the southern hemisphere.
      Have a nice day
      Bella

      Delete
  3. Hello Bella,
    Great job with doing these activities. I like what you put for your southern lights poem.
    Keep up the good work,
    Alexandria.

    ReplyDelete