Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Summer Learning Journey W3 D3

Activity 1: On your blog, write a short description of your bird. Where does your bird normally live? What does your bird normally eat?  Post a picture of the bird underneath your description. Be sure to attribute your picture properly.

Name: Arctic Skua
Location: Antarctica
Food: Fish, Small animals, insects

The Arctic Skua soars through the air. Lives in one of the coldest places in the world. Has very beautiful, soft feathers.
Image result for arctic skua

Activity 2: On your blog, tell us what superpower you would like to have and why you’d like to have it.

I have 3 that I just can separate and choose out of them
1.Teleportation
I would love to teleport because if you are late for curfew or something you can just teleport home.
2. Ability to freeze time- I have always just wanted to freeze time if we are like at Action World or something I can freeze time and play for hours.
3. Telekinesis- I have just always ed like the idea of lifting things with my mind

Activity 3: On your blog, post a final copy of your DLO.

 




3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Bella,

    Wow, you have been working hard over the last few days! The Summer Learning Journey is designed for four weeks of activities and most schools have at least five weeks off school. So don’t worry if you can’t complete any activities straight away as the programme is designed to be done as fast or slow as you like and in any order you like!

    I never knew about the Arctic Skua until reading about it on your blog. To me it is a very beautiful bird even though it doesn’t have any bright or coloured feathers! Did you pick it because it was an unknown bird? Looking through the list of birds I don’t recognise quite a few of them. I think my favourite from the list is the Black Robin because it has an amazing survival story!

    Wow, you have picked three really good super powers. If you have to pick one what would it be? I think I would pick being about to teleport because it would mean I can sleep in longer and not get caught in all the Auckland traffic in the mornings!

    I like that you have included some images in your blog post. Remember, if you are going to use images that you have found online, you need to make sure that you attribute them (give credit) to the owner. Check out our guide to posting images here:
    https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VKjkMGwBrk2YI6Vtmg91OAQljr_T3ZSV6YZtu6MWFNM

    You will need to follow these instructions to earn full points for any Summer Learning Journey activity that has asked you to post an image.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog posts soon!

    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Bella,
    I like your DLO of the wolves. I also like what powers you would have I would also like to have teleportation. It would be so fun and helpful.
    Keep up the good work,
    Alexandria.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Kia Ora Bella,

    Congratulations for participating in the Summer Learning Journey for another year! Did you know that the Summer Learning Journey doesn’t finish until 11:59pm this Friday! You are 12 activities away from completing the entire Summer Learning Journey. I would be awesome to see you post some more activities before then!

    Blog ya later!


    Dani

    ReplyDelete